Tuesday 16 July 2013

How bitterly disappointing

Soooooo, a game I've been working on for approximately 5 - 6 months decided to go and mess me up by glitching itself. Then the other backup version I had on my computer somehow developed the same problem as soon as I tested it approximately 15 minutes later.  The glitch itself doesn't corrupt the file in the sense I can't open it, but it for some reason deleted everything inside quite a few movieclips. So after a few days of splicing different files attempting to piece together the product I had beforehand, I almost managed to fully recover the file, but there is still a tedious chunk of work that needs to be done.

Due to this I decided I'm going to abandon this project, for now. Perhaps I'll come back and rework on it at a later date, but for now I'm going to focus on other things. In a way I think this has almost been positive in the sense it frees me up to try experimenting with different code and gameplay mechanics.

I had an idea for a game a few weeks back and so that's what I'll be devoting most of my programming time to. It's called Mediocrity and I have a base concept but other than that I don't know much else about it.
I'll try and keep updating at major key points in production and hopefully finish it before the winter.


Anyway if anybody wants to see what I had before the first project went and messed itself up here it is :
Ultro City







No comments:

Post a Comment